mTape Thunderbolt LTO-7
The World’s First and only Certified Thunderbolt LTO-7 Archiving Solution
- Desktop Thunderbolt LTO-7 tape drive certified by Apple & Intel
- 6 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf life – Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 300 MB/second data transfer rate
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Reads and writes to both LTO 6 & 7 tapes, reads LTO 5 tapes
- SAS port enables writing to two or more LTO drives simultaneously*
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered – Enables use in any environment
- LTFS utility mounts mTape like a hard drive for drag & drop functionality
- macOS and Windows compatible
- Ships complete with LT0-7 tape, Cleaning tape and Thunderbolt cable
LTO made easy. Just connect to a computer with a Thunderbolt port.
mTape Thunderbolt revolutionizes LTO, enabling users to easily connect LTO-7 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mTape is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.