The Qualstar Q40 Mid-Range & Enterprise LTO tape library is designed for simplicity and reliability, providing superior performance and scalability for expanding data storage and long-term archiving requirements. The Q40 system offers capacity scaling from 40 to 280 cartridge slots, and throughput scaling from one to 21 tape drives. The Q40 utilizes LTO-6, LTO-7, or LTO-8 tape drives, with each 3U high Q40 library module delivering up to 480 terabytes (LTO-8, uncompressed) or up to 1.2 petabytes (LTO-8, compressed) of storage capacity. The Q40 base unit may be expanded with up to six additional modules, creating a single library system with as much as 8.4 petabytes (compressed) storage capacity in a single 21U rack. The Q40 uses a single robot to service all drives and media, maximizing cost effectiveness.
The operator control panel uses an intuitive GUI and incorporates wizards making the system easy to configure and use. The same functionality may also be accessed remotely via the browser-based remote management interface (RMI). This enables IT administrators to remotely configure, manage and diagnose the library from anywhere in the world via the Internet. The Q40 system is also easy to service and repair, with field replaceable tape drives, power supplies, and controller board units.
- 40 to 280 cartridges (base + 6 expansion modules)
- 1 to 3 tape drives per module, up to 21 drives (base + 6 expansion modules)
- LTO-6, LTO-7, or LTO-8 drives with SAS or FC interfaces
- 4″ monochrome display with button controls in base unit
- Simple expansion, no special alignment required
- Cartridge magazines slide out for bulk loading
- Remote management via Ethernet